ALBERTA, CANADA MOOSE HUNTING OUTFITTERS
NORTH STAR OUTFITTING
Our hunting area is about 500,000 acres of farm land, fringe, and the deep woods. The area we hunt makes this a relatively easy hunt and not physically challenging.
Moose rut hunt for rifle and archery hunters.
- The moose are very active this time of year and respond very well to cow calls.
- The larger bulls are usually taken on this hunt averaging 40 inches.
- We take a minimum number of hunters per season during this time to keep success rates very high.
- Our rut moose hunt can also be combined with our fall black bear hunts. for rifle and bow hunters.
November post-rut moose hunts are for rifle hunters only.
- This is a great time to hunt Alberta moose. After the rut is over the bulls are more social, often seen in bachelor groups.
- Moose don't move very much this time of year as they are feeding to replenishing body fat lost during the rut period.
- Bigger bulls favor areas with the heavier cover and hunting the forest edge, deep woods and open logged areas you will have a better chance at seeing a 40+ inch moose.
- November moose hunt can be combined with a whitetail deer rut hunt where you will hunt these trophies in the forest edge and farmland.
HUNT DURING THE RUT OR POST RUT FOR A TROPHY MOOSE
WE OPERATE FIRST CLASS MOOSE HUNTS
Thanks to Neil and all his hard work and effort, I was able to accomplish a 40 year goal of harvesting a nice mature bull moose. My wife Carolyn was also hunting and took a nice 9 point whitetail buck. I met Neil Johnson at the February SCI dinner in Mt.Pleasant, Michigan. I told Neil that I was interested in hunting moose. He told me that he had moose, but they didn't have the 70 inch wide spread that you would find in Alaska. I told him that I was interested in a nice mature bull and if he had a 40 inch wide spread that I would be satisfied. We discussed some of my physical limitations with mobility, and Neil told me that he could work with me and it wouldn't be a problem.On November 4, Neil and I spotted a nice bull on a hill, we made a short stalk, and Neil got me in close enough for a 120 yard shot. I took the animal with one shot. This moose measured 53 1/2 inches wide and had 18 points. Thanks to Neil and all his hard work and effort, I was able to accomplish a 40 year goal of harvesting a nice mature bull moose. My wife Carolyn was also hunting and took a nice 9 point whitetail buck. I would highly recommend Neil and North Star Outfitting for anyone interested in hunting moose and whitetail deer.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
ARE YOU READY TO BOOK A HUNT?
- North Star Outfitting
Marwayne, Alberta Canada T0B 2X0